Baby Elephant Sugar Cookies

8:00 AM


BRITTANY'S BABY SHOWER SUGAR COOKIES
 
 

I had a few requests for a cookie tutorial when I posted these little cuties on Snapchat and Instagram, so I thought I would share the recipe and inside scoop with you!


Baking is one of my favorite things to do so when my M-I-L asked if I would make cookies for my S-I-L's baby shower, I was happy to help! Plus... These cookies are Brit's (My S-I-L) favorite. She loves them so much, that she asked for them to be on each napkin at her wedding a few years ago. Such a huge compliment! (Peep those cutie little fall leaves here!-- Warning: the photo quality is something we should all try to disregard... the struggle guys, the struggle).


I snagged these cutie little elephant cutters here, and will link them below for you guys along with the gifties I got for my sweet nephew to be! The possibilities are endless with the shapes and colors for this recipe. Always a crowd pleaser!
Cut Out Sugar Cookies-

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
  • Zest of half a lemon (or the zest of a whole lemon, if you love lemon)
  • 2½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
Instructions:
  • preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Place a sheet of parchment on your sheet pan
  • In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes.  
  • Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, seeds scraped from the vanilla bean, and lemon zest until blended.  
  • Mix in the flour and salt on low speed just until incorporated.  Form the dough into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.  
  • Refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least 1-2 hours.
(recipe adapted from Annies Eats)

Icing Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbsp Wilton meringue powder
  • 4 cups confectioners sugar
  • 5 Tbsp warm water 
  • Wilton gel food coloring 
  • Toothpicks
Icing Instructions:
  • Combine all ingredients until smooth 
  • Separate  into glass containers and color with Wilton gel food coloring using a toothpick to portion out the color
  • For these, I outlined the elephant and immediately flooded each cookie
  • I then went back in after an hour or so (to give the icing time to harden) and piped on a little ear, a little eye, and a few water droplets at the end of it's trunk
  • I then used a very slightly damp finger and gently touched those pointy edges from the piping tip to smooth the icing down
  • let sit uncovered until totally cured
(Recipe adapted from Wilton) 





 post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are good cookie ideas for baby shower parties. Last month, I arranged my niece’s baby shower party at one of finest event space Chicago. Hired a reputed party caterer and he made excellent food for this event. We all enjoyed this event very much.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook