Magnolia's Homemade Apple Butter (For The Just Sweet Enough Tooth)

8:17 AM

GIVE ME SOME HOME.

 
I love homey recipes, but what I love even more is that this is a GF, DF, SF delight all on it's own!  Festive AND friendly, I mean... win.



Joanna Gaines has some a few delicious recipes up that flannel sleeve of hers, and I am determined to make as many of them allergy friendly as I possibly can. This one took very little tweaking being that it was a pretty safe bet to begin with... double win.

If you haven't read the most recent issue of the Magnolia Journal, I strongly suggest you go grab one and read EVERY SINGLE article. Never have I ever encountered a magazine so full of encouragement, honesty, truth, and good food. 

Slow clap to Chip and Jo and their entire team for crushing the game with good content once again.


I jarred my batch up, twined and tagged them, and hand delivered them to a few of my favorite doorsteps here in town. 

When I casually asked my dad the next day if he had tried it yet, he laughed and said it was all gone. 
If ever you are looking for positive feedback, test recipes on your dad! 

I have been putting it on my oatmeal, biscuits (recipe in previous post), toast, pancakes, ice cream... you name it!

Magnolia's Homemade Apple Butter (For The Just Sweet Enough Tooth)
Ingredients:
6 Pink Lady apples
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp ground cloves
Instructions:
  • Wash, peal, core, and slice all the apples
  • Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir
  • Cook on high, covered, for 4 hours
  • Stir and smash up apples
  • Cook on high uncovered for 2 more hours
  • Use wooden spoon and smash remaining apple pieces
  • Let cool and refrigerate for 1 week or pop in freezer for later use

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook